As there is no other way to avoid dengue other then preventing the mosquito bite, so several ways can be used to prevent mosquito bite.
- CLOTHING: One should wear clothes which could cover the full body areas and least skin should be exposed. One should wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and socks, tucking pant legs into shoes or socks.
- MOSQUITO REPELLENTS: Mosquito repellents should be used so that it can avoid mosquito bite.
- DOORS AND WINDOWS: Keep the doors and windows closed in season of mosquito breeding.
- AVOID SCENTS: Strong fragrance would attract mosquitoes.
- STOP MOSQUITO BREEDING: This can be done be avoiding stagnant water around you. Remove excess water from plant pots, don’t keep water stored in buckets and water canes. Keep the air cooler clean and dry.