Some common homeopathic remedies for spondylitis are:
- Conium: There is neck pain along with vertigo when lying down or turning in bed. There is constant mild pain in the back of the head and a tight sensation in the forehead region.
- Rhus Tox: When the neck pain is worse in the morning and with rest, Rhus is a good option. Moving the neck helps relieve this pain, which is often as a result of some injury.
- Kalmia Latifolia: When there is pain extending from the neck to the arm and hand and fingers, Kalmia works wonders. There may also be pain from the nape of the neck to the shoulder blades. The pain is increased with leaning forwards or looking down. The patient may also have nausea with the pain.
- Gelsemium: When there is pain extending from the neck to the back of the head, centering in the occipital region. The patient also feels weak, dull, and dizzy. The pain is triggered by emotional excitement.
- Silicea: When there is pain extending from the neck to the eyes and forehead, Silicea provides good relief. The patient will have intolerance to cold and feels chilly. The pain is improved by heat pads and lying down.
- Calcarea Phos: If the radiographs show bony changes in the cervical spine with the spondylitis, this is very useful. The bony spurs that form can be painful and cause nerve pinching leading to vertigo.