Dengue is a mosquito born infection which is also breakbone fever. It is caused by four different viruses and spread by Aedes
mosquitoes. The infection can lead to a severe flu-like illness.
Symptoms of Dengue Fever
The symptoms vary on the basis of severity of the disease.
- MILD DENGUE FEVER: After the mosquito bite symptoms may appear upto seven days. Symptoms usually disappear after a week, and mild dengue rarely involves serious or fatal complications. Symptoms include:
- aching muscles and joints
- body rash that can disappear and then reappear
- high fever
- intense headache
- pain behind the eyes
- vomiting and feeling nauseous
2. DENGUE HEMORRHAGIC FEVER: At first, symptoms of DHF may be mild, but they gradually worsen within a few days. As well as mild dengue symptoms, there may be signs of internal bleeding. WITHOUT PROMT TREATMENT IT MAY TURN OUT TO BE FATAL. Symptoms include:
- bleeding from the mouth, gums, or nose
- clammy skin
- damage to lymph and blood vessels
- internal bleeding, which can lead to black vomit and feces, or stools
- a lower number of platelets in the blood
- sensitive stomach
- small blood spots under the skin
- weak pulse
3. DENGUE SHOCK SYNDROME: It is a severe form of dengue. It can be fatal. Without treatment, this can result in death. Apart from symptoms of mild dengue fever, the person may experience:
- intense stomach pain
- sudden hypotension, or a fast drop in BP.
- heavy bleeding
- regular vomiting
- blood vessels leaking fluid
Homeopathic medicines for Dengue Fever
Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for Dengue fever. It must be mentioned here that this list of medicines is not in any way an exhaustive list. There are other medicines also that are used for the treatment of dengue fever as per the symptoms of each individual case.
1. Eupatorium Perfoliatum for dengue fever with bone breaking pains
It is the most suitable remedy for the treatment of Dengue fever as the symptoms of this medicine almost completely mimic that of Dengue fever. It is precisely for this reason that this medicine is called ‘Bone Set’, as it is able to relieve the terrible bone pains that accompany the Dengue fever. It has the same sort of deep bone pains that are almost excruciating in nature. The pain is present in the limbs and the muscles and accompanies a fever which is usually high. There is usually throbbing type of pain in the head. Pain may be felt in the occipital or the back part of the head and also on the top of the head. There is soreness in the eyes or the eyeballs.
2. Bryonia – Homeopathic remedy for dengue fever with intense thirst
This medicine also has pains in the whole of the body and the upper as well as the lower limbs along with high grade fever. The pains are usually stitching and tearing sort of pains. The two distinguishing features of this medicine are increased thirst and that the pains and all sorts of sufferings of the patient are aggravated by motion. In fact, motion of any and every sort tends to aggravate the pains in the body and the limbs. Whenever the patient tries to walk or move or even turn in bed, the pains and the suffering become intolerable. He feels better while at rest and does not want to move. There is so much dryness of the mouth, tongue and other mucous membranes that patient wants to drink a lot of water and ends up drinking a lot at one go. The taste of the mouth is bitter.
3. Phosphorus – Homeopathic medicine for haemorrhagic dengue fever
It is one of the best homeopathic remedies for the haemorrhagic dengue fever. There is burning and numbness of the hands, arms and feet. Intense thirst accompanies the fever, so much so that the patient wants to have cold water or even chilled water. Hemorrhage from any and every part or orifice of the body may be seen. The patient may feel unusually hungry.
4. Rhus Tox – Homeopathic remedy for pains relieved by motion
It is indicated by the muscular soreness and pains in the body which are relieved only while in motion. The patient cannot rest as it is the worst position for him. The tongue gets coated white while the tip of the tongue remains red and forms a red triangle at the tip.
5. Carica Papaya– Homeopathic remedy for improving platelet count
Carica Papaya is a homeopathic remedy made from papaya fruit. It is a common fruit and its seeds are used to make a homeopathic remedy. It has been seen that it improves the platelet counts in patients whose platelets are falling.